For grooms looking to make a statement, this is the year to do it – the Spring and Summer of 2023 will be all about stylish and unique looks featuring slim-fit modern classics. From luxury double-breasted vintage waistcoats to relaxed tailoring and breathable linen suits, there is something for every groom looking for inspiration for their special day. Let’s explore the 5 top Spring-Summer trends for grooms.
Prepare to wow with these 5 Spring-Summer trends for grooms
Whether you’re a groom shopping for your own wedding, or helping a loved one make decisions on what to wear, staying up-to-date with the latest Spring-Summer 2023 fashion trends can be a great way to ensure that the special day looks as stylish and sleek as you envisioned. Grooms wear has come a long way over the years, so it’s important to take note of the current Spring-Summer trends for grooms. Make sure you don’t miss out on any exciting pieces that could add an extra wow factor to your wedding day look!
Slimmer fit versions of modern classics
The classic tuxedo or morning suit is a timeless staple in any groom’s wardrobe, but if you’re looking to make a statement this season, consider opting for a slimmer fit version of these classics. Slender silhouettes that feature trim lapels and higher armholes will be popular this season, giving you the sophisticated look of a modern classic without sacrificing comfort. Look at Dobell for men’s formalwear online.
The Crown inspires vintage waistcoats
You may not have noticed but the Netflix hit series The Crown has been inspiring men around the world with its depiction of classic British style. As a result, demand for formal double-breasted vintage-style waistcoats is on the rise. This look is perfect for any groom looking to combine elegance with royalty – and The Crown isn’t alone in driving demand; you could also take cues from the actual Royal Family (as many people already do for their wedding style inspo!)
Whether it’s a royal blue suit with gold accents or an all-black suit with clean cuts and lines, there are plenty of options to choose from that will make you look just as dapper as any prince! Or perhaps you’re looking for a smartly tailored navy suit, as seen on King Charles, or a classic tuxedo with velvet lapels that Prince Philip wore on his wedding day – royal-inspired wedding style is all the rage this season. And for more subtle hints, you can always accessorise with items reminiscent of those worn by royalty such as ivory rose buttonholes, embroidered cummerbunds and sleek cufflinks.
Ride the relaxed tailoring trend for Spring-Summer grooms
Spring-Summer 2023 is all about relaxed tailoring when it comes to groom’s fashion – think lightweight fabrics, textured linen and summery pastels. Breathable fabrics will not only keep the groom’s look cool & comfortable throughout the ceremony but will also add a modern touch to the traditional wedding look they seek. Whether you are aiming for classic or bold, keep an eye out for this upcoming trend in wardrobe styling as it promises to be a hit at any spring or summer wedding!
Colourful accents for accessories like pocket squares
Spring-Summer weddings are some of the most beautiful occasions; the flowers in bloom, sunlight streaming through trees and of course, the chance to express yourself with vibrant colour! If you’re a groom looking to stand out this Spring-Summer 2023 season, look no further. Pastel hues like baby blue and pale pink will be popular choices for those seeking soft, romantic tones for their wedding festivities. For more daring grooms, bright accents such as bold purples and oranges can bring brightness to your look which will be sure to turn heads on your special day!
Colour trends for grooms to wear this Spring-Summer
With so many incredible colour trends available this season, you’ll find that perfect mix of style and fashion that captures your spirit at one of the most special moments of your life. Inspired by this menswear trend guide on GQ magazine, here are our favourite colour themes for groomswear:
- Lucid pink – whilst fashion designer, Rick Owens suggests enveloping yourself in lucid pink, we suggest lucid pink works best on pocket squares, socks and ties!
- Metallics – British designer, Bianca Saunders, presents eye-catching silver shoes which would work incredibly well with a slim-fit suit.
- Sweet orange – Spring-Summer collections from Dsquared2 have shown that orange can be worn all over, but we believe orange can work really well on accessories such as belts, socks, pocket squares, socks, bow ties and soles of shoes. Match that with bridesmaid’s accessories and the look really comes together.
- Acid yellow – Designer, Paul Smith serves up his garments in technicolour hues of acid yellow, and this surprising pop of colour on grooms wear can work really well against yellow wedding flowers.
- Baby pink – whilst this is a classic wedding accent colour (especially for bridesmaid’s dresses and flowers) baby pink works incredibly well on grooms too. If you love to stand out, a really pale baby pink suit with darker accessory accents would look really on-trend this year.
- Sky blue – another wedding classic, baby blue comes into its own for grooms this Spring-Summer. Baby blue goes with almost any classic suit colour and is great matched with wedding accessories, wedding favours and the bride’s dress.
Breathable linen suits
When summer rolls around and temperatures start rising, you’ll want something light enough so you won’t overheat but still looks great on camera – that’s where linen comes in! Look for breathable linen suits (or linen blends) that offer lightweight yet structured coverage – perfect for mid-summer nuptials. With its natural heat-resistant properties and wrinkle-resistance qualities, a good-quality linen suit is an ideal choice if you want maximum style with minimal effort over the long summer months!
Top Spring-Summer trends for grooms
There are lots of ways grooms can stay on trend this spring and summer while still expressing their own individual style. Whether you prefer bold colours or classic cuts; luxury waistcoats or relaxed tailoring; breathable fabrics or fitted silhouettes—there is something out there just right for you! So why not get ahead of the trends this season? With such an exciting range of styles available, now is the perfect time to start planning your special day look!