This post is detailing days four to nine of my Forever Aloe C9 programme. It claims to change lifelong habits by focusing on good nutrition and exersise to achieve true and lasting weight management. You can read here why I am embarking on the C9 programme, and read all about the painful pre-cleanse I endured (worth it, though!). Day one, two & three went well, you can read about those here, here and here.
Days three to nine consist of the Aloe Vera & natural supplements, but, instead of just one shake, you are allowed two meal replacement shakes & one 600 calorie meal. Yes!
If you’re considering embarking on the Forever C9, your cleansing programme includes:
Aloe Vera Gel
To gently cleanse your colon & help your body better absorb essential nutrients. It contains over 200 different compounds so it is a rich source of nutrients, minerals and amino acids to provide all the things your body needs. It kickstarts your digestive system and helps you feel better as Seratonin is produced in the gut lining.
During the cleanse you will notice an improvement in the production of the Seratonin which will help your mood.
For more aloe vera options, check out here.
My Aloe Vera Gel Top Tips
- It has an odd taste, but to make it more bareable put your Aloe Vera Gel in the fridge so it’s as cold as you can make it. This will help to take the taste away.
- Squeeze a bit of fresh lemon in to your Aloe Vera shot glass and down in one!
- Try to enjoy it – it might smell and taste slightly weird, but it’s doing you so much good, so enjoy it while it lasts.
To aid healthy bowels and digestion, give you a sense of fullness, mop up excess fat and stabilise healthy sugar levels. You can either take this mid morning or mid afternoon, whichever fits best with your day. Fiber comes in a handy sachet and you mix the contents with 8-10 oz of water. You need to make sure you take your Fiber separately from your other daily supplements as Fiber can bind to some nutrients, impacting their absorption by your body.
My Fibre Sachet Top Tips
This is a slightly odd substance in that it takes a while to disolve completely. One false move and you have a weird lumpy drink on your hands.
- Pour a glass of about 100ml of water. Get a fork and tip the fibre powder slowly into the water whilst stirring vigorously. Keep stirring until your arm feels like it’s going to drop off. Then wait 5 minutes, It should dissolve! Down in one.
- Don’t take it at the same time as your supplements.
Forever Lite Ultra
Soy protein shake to ensure you’re consuming the recommended daily amount of vitamins and minerals. It contains natural soy protein which means it is easily absorbed by your body. It also contains Chromium which regulates the blood and helps build muscles. It also contains Aminotine which breaks up protein so it is more easily absorbable. Low GI.
My Forever Lite Ultra Top Tips
- Delicious mixed with coconut water (the no sugar, natural version – try Innocent or Vita Coco).
- Use coconut milk and freeze your shake to make a delicious, filling ice cream.
- It tastes really good if it’s really, really cold. I chill my shakes in the freezer when they are made up – very refreshing.
- Try your shake with unsweetened almond milk, soya milk or coconut milk for a different flavour.
- That extra plastic pot thing that perplexes everyone is for the powder when you’re on the go. You put the powder in the pot, you stick that on the bottom of your shaker, and you fill the shaker with your liquid. Refigerate, then when you’re ready, you can add the pwder to the milk.
A natural product containing extracts from the fruit of the Garcinia Cambogia tree. Used as a supplement to increase your metabolism & slows down the process of carbs storing into fat. It contains Chromium which regulates blood sugar. It stops you overeating by indicating to the brain that you are full 10% quicker. It also contains Salflower Oil and Omega 6 to boost metabolic rate. The body can burn this oil for quick release energy so it is great to take before exercise.
My Forever Garcinia Top Tips
- These are BIG pills to take. I am terrible at swallowing pills, so I don’t have any tips!! I really struggled. I had to be on my own with no distractions to be able to swallow these bad boys.
These raise your body temperature to boost blood flow around the body quicker. They take your fat cells and burn them into energy. They also contain natural ingredients to give you an energy boost like guarana, green tea and coffee extract. Forever Therm is taken twice a day after your Aloe at Breakfast and Lunch time, and helps to boost your metabolism.
My Forever Therm Top Tips
- These are bitter if they linger in your mouth, so swallow them quickly.
- Break them in two if you find them too big to swallow in one.
What else is in the C9 pack?
Your pack also contains:
- A comprehensive diary – this is perfect for ticking off what you’ve had and diarising all your weights and measures.
- Fitness plans – gives you ideas on what exersises to embark on.
- Meal plans – if you’re lacking inspiration for your 600 calorie evening meal, you can read ahead and get the ingredients in advance.
- A shaker
- A mini measuring tape
- Full support from Claire – priceless!
- Support from the private group of other C9’ers – any questions you have, post them here and you’ll find the answer in double-quick-time!
The Fabulous Free Foods List!
Thankfully, throughout the C9 Programme you are able to eat a lovely bunch of raw (or very lightly steamed) fruit and vegetables to see you through your day. Feeling a bit woozy or peckish, or need an extra boost of energy? Snack on these lovely fresh goodies.
- Red/Purple Grapes
- Kiwi Fruit
- Belgain Endive
- Spring Onions
- Sugar Snap Peas
- Soy Beans
- String Beans
My Free Food Top Tips
- Chop tomatoes, chillis, spring onions, chives, or use a mini chopper to make a fresh salsa. Dip carrot batons, celery sticks, cucumber sticks and sliced pepper in the salsa for a filling, fresh snack.
- Dried apricots and prunes are really filling, so snack on a few of those when you feel hungry.
- Blend ripe strawberries to make a delicious sauce that you could pour over orange and peach slices.
- Stock up on frozen fruit and blend it with coconut or almond milk and Forever Lite Ultra for a delicious tasting smoothie. My favourites are frozen cherries with coconut milk, and almond milk with strawberries and blueberries. It also helps to make the milkshakes last longer as it bulks it up.
- Crush soy beans with chives and coriander for a delicious dip for other raw crudités.
- Use as many fresh herbs as you can find, they flavour foods more than you realise when you don’t have lots of salt available!
- Use each evening to cut up all your foods so that you can take them in the morning before work. Even if you believe you’ll not get hungry or you’re too busy at work to snack, the last thing you want is to be caught hungry in the middle of day when you can’t run out and get supplies.
So, with all of the formalities aside, I know you’re dying to find out the results!
I felt great most of the time. I felt much better than when I was consuming cups and cups of coffee and glass after glass of New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc every night, let me tell you! The C9 has shown me that what I thought was my fuel – coffee and wine (!), was actually making me feel awful and I didn’t even realise it. I woke up on every day of the nine day cleanse feeling refreshed and not tired. If I felt a bit tired, I had a glass of water and the Aloe Vera Gel, and I would wake up sharpish.
I didn’t feel hungry AT ALL. I thought I was pass out and die from not eating enough, but with the Forever Garcinia appetite suppressant, all I wanted to do was drink water and eat dead healthy foods. I didn’t want to touch bread, caffeine, pasta, potatoes… all my fave foods were out of the window, and lovely fresh, light meals were the order of the day. Booze was harder to stay off, but I did it!
The Weight Loss!
I lost 8lbs, and 3 inches in total from my waist, hips and chest. I was suprised I didn’t have a bigger inch loss considering the amount of weight I lost, but I noticed that where I lost the most weight was my face, my lower thighs, love handles and my bum (none of which were part of the measurements – but my jeans are now loose so I know the weight has gone from there.)
I would love to have shown you a beautiful before and after picture of my old and new body, but I felt so gross on Day One, I couldn’t face it. Now I’m back in my jeans, I have a new outlook to eating and drinking. I have ditched caffeine altogether, and I’m drinking much more herbal tea and water. Already, since integrated my favourite tipple back into my day, I feel really sluggish and rubbish in the morning, and I only have one glass of wine! I have managed to keep the weight off, but I can feel it creeping back on. I am trying to stick to a lower calorie diet, and not eating carbs at dinner time, so I have kept some good habits!
If you’re thinking of embarking on the C9 Pogramme, I would thoroughly recommend it. It does take some will power, but trust me, if I can do it, you can! It’s the quickest change I have ever seen, and I will be doing it again next month.
Oh! I almost forgot! The reason I was doing this Cleanse was to get back into my favourite Christmas dress. Did I do it? I certainly did!
Pin this for later