C9 is a Forever Aloe programme that claims to change lifelong habits by focusing on good nutrition and exersise to achieve true and lasting weight management. You can read here why I am embarking on the C9 programme, and read all about the painful pre-cleanse I endured a few days ago. I’m feeling much better now, thanks.
That was then, this is now. Day one…. and it’s gone well! I’ve suprised myself.
It went a little something like this…
Day one diary
- 6.45am: I got up.
- 7.50am: I took my son to preschool having spent about 20 minutes trying to scrape ice from the inside of my car?! Inside?!
- 8.10am: I drove back home to read my new bible, the C9 booklet – ooooohhhh! It’s got everything that I need to do through the 9 days of the programme, plus handy (and delicious sounding) recipes and tips. My favourite page is the ‘Free Foods’ page. “Why?” I hear you ask. Because that’s been my life saver (bit dramatic) this past one day as you’ll find out if you read on.
- 8.30am: I took 2 x Forever Garcinia Plus tablets, 2 x 60ml shots of Forever Aloe Vera Gel, 1 big glass of water, 1 x Forever Therm tablet.
- 8.45am: I was hungry. I ate an apple, cut up into a million pieces to make it last longer.
- 9am: I was hungry. I started work (I work from home most of the week).
- 10am: I was hungry, I had about 3 inches of cucumber. Suprisingly filling?!
- 11am: I was hungry, I had about 8 red grapes and 1 packet of Forever Fibre.
- 12pm: I was hungry, I had a work call to keep me occupied for a little longer.
- 12.25pm: I was hungry. I took 2 x Forever Garcinia Plus tablets, 2 x 60ml shots of Forever Aloe Vera Gel, 1 big glass of water, 1 x Forever Therm tablet.
- 12.30pm: Shake time! Thank goodness, I was hungry. I decided to see how filling the shake was (incase I felt desperate to eat in the afternoon!), so I pureed some strawberries and scooped half of my daily amount of vanilla flavoured Forever Lite Ultra into the blender along with 150ml of almond milk (half the normal 300ml). Boy oh boy that tasted good, and it filled me up, if temporarily. I used the other half of the Forever Lite and 150ml coconut milk and chucked it together with some cherries into the freezer for dinner. More on that later.
- 1pm: Variety is the spice of life, so I went shopping to get pretty much all the free fruits and vegetables on the list!
- 2pm – 5.30pm: I snacked on some watermelon and coconut pieces.
- 5.30pm: Time to pick up my son. My car wouldn’t start… that’s another very fun story.
- 6.30pm: I blended a delicious concoction of cherry tomatoes, garlic, chilli and basil and poured it over a few tomatoes and watermelon pieces. Inhaled that in about 2 seconds – it was pretty small, let’s face it.
- 6.45pm: I took 2 x Forever Garcinia Plus tablets, 2 x 60ml shots of Forever Aloe Vera Gel and 1 big glass of water
- 8pm: I ate my lovely cherry and coconut ‘ice cream’ that was left over from lunchtime. My husband wanted some, but I said “oh, no, no, no….no!” I got it from the freezer, hacked it up with the biggest knife I could find and blended it again to make it nice and smooth.
- 9pm: I had my final 2 x 60ml shots of Forever Aloe Vera Gel and 1 big glass of water.
- 10pm: BED. Day one – done! Suprisingly easy.
So I thought I was going to feel terrible today. Turns out I feel great. Yes, I’ve been hungry, but I have reminded myself that you don’t need to feed the hunger at the slightest pang. The amount of times I have gazed into the fridge today out of habit and had to stop myself from snacking on that left over kinder egg that’s still in there, or my lovely pot of chocolate coyo… and I missed my morning crumpets and coffee. Working from home is a killer for that.
I am pumped to do this over again tomorrow… and measure my fat belly on day 3 to see if I’ve shed any baby blubber. (Ok, my ‘baby’ is 3 now…..pizza and wine blubber, then.)
See you then.