Once I went to a wedding of a family member and I turned up in the same dress as the best man’s girlfriend. The dress was not subtle, it stood out like a sore thumb, and I believe I looked worse in it than she did.
You could follow these tips to try and avoid the ‘oh sh$t, she has the same damn dress on‘ moments, but I think I am a little bit over sensitive about it!!
1. If you are going to a wedding in a town that you don’t live in, get an outfit from an independant boutique so you know pretty much that no one will have the same!
2. Go for something plain and accessorize to the max to make it ‘yours’.
3. Make something! (Not always possible I know, unless you are talented at dress making!!)
4. Buy something vintage. You will 99.9%, actually I reckon 100% not match outfits with anyone!
5. Buy something from a charity shop. There is a chance that someone could be wearing an outfit they have had for ages, but odds are, if you buy from a second hand shop, you can put your mind at rest.
6. Go naked.
So there you have it. Some tips to make sure you don’t turn up to your friend’s wedding as a clone of another guest! Oh unless you are a Bridesmaid, and then to match with another person is a good thing.
Image courtesy of Clown-ministry.com